Dining room light - source
I’ve spent the last few days working on the estimates. I did the bedroom first just because it was on the top of the list, then moved on to the dining room. I got the light ordered and found a source for the bamboo flooring my husband wanted.
Bamboo flooring for dining room – source
Next was the living room. There were 2 things to decide on right now: overhead lights and flooring. I found the overhead lights and got those ordered. I found a 2 pack for a good savings.
Living room lights – source
For flooring I wanted something like oak, a hardwood. But my husband wanted to continue the bamboo from the dining room, as they adjoined. We’d found a local supplier of what was supposed to be the hardest bamboo available. I found the distributor/supplier online and contacted them, to see if we could get a better price. I guess we are going to have bamboo as the wood in the addition.
Cedar closet idea - source
Next up was the cedar closet. The photo above is a rough idea of what it will look like. There won’t be the shelves at the back and it will have a sheetrock ceiling. The cheapest linoleum I can find for the floor as it’s very low traffic. It, at least, had not been discontinued, yet.
The clean room was next. This was created to fill a tiny 6½’ x 9½’ space left after the bathroom was in place. Each square is 1’. It would be right next to the main entry and have the milk and egg fridge right there.
I had this sink I’d put into the Tonka garage to wash dirty things and vegetables. It drained over the bank. I wanted to create the same sort of space inside, as it turned out the Tonka garage was just too hard to utilize.
I would be using the old battered cabinets and some new 2” x 4” shelving for storage. We were also going to move the greenhouse window into the space left by the roundtop window. I had hoped to use some of the old countertops from the old kitchen in here. I may still be able to use some, but will have to buy a premade off the shelf for one.
As sometimes happens, when my husband was transferring my graph paper drawings to the AutoCAD, things did not line up. He really didn’t like having only 2½’ of floor space. As this was not something I was committed to, just something I created to use an empty space, we decided all shelving on the right side would give enough floor space. I would have 1 or maybe 2 old cabinets that didn’t get used. I probably can use them for storage in the cellar.
Utility sink for laundry – source
He had not yet worked up the new layout for the laundry room but it looked like there’s going to be plenty of room for my utility sink in this configuration. But he checked the bearing wall and the door opening will have to be moved 3” east, I think.
Kitchen floor lineoleum – source
I’d picked out this for the kitchen last year, and found it had been discontinued, as had my second choice:
It’s been very difficult to find pretty sheet flooring. I find most of it boring, just stone colors or boring wood designs.
New flooring for kitchen – source
This is a little more expensive but the quality is superior. It should be good for the heavy use kitchen.
Williamsburg: Indian Quilt, color Cochin – source
Because the plain wood design is rather boring, I found these old fashioned floor cloths. I will put a large one down between the island and copper sink, and small ones on either side of the island. It will add a nice splash of color.
Kitchen sink - source
I got the kitchen sink ordered and the 2 faucets for the 2 kitchen sinks. The other sink will be the old stainless double bowl, in the island.
Kitchen sink faucets - source
That’s as far as I got on Monday.