Broccoli is not my favorite but I often eat it to meet my green intake. It's easy to prepare and full of nutrition. If you are the one who compromises with eating green, then you can try making broccoli this way.
The ingredients we need are very simple.
- Oil and salt.
But I added some chili, seasoning powder, cumin seeds, and onion as well.
Let me share my process.
- Cut the broccoli in big chunks.
- Add the garlic slices to vegetable oil and fry them for a minute or until brown. Add some cumin seeds before adding the broccoli.
- Add the broccoli, salt, and some chili. Put a lid on and cook them for 1-2 minutes. It doesn't take long to get soft.
- I have added Maggi seasoning mix, if you don't like to season then skip it.
- Add the seasoning and cook them for another minute or two. When the water reduces, saute them for another minute.
- That's it. This is how simple the recipe is. But it tastes so good.
Add an egg on the side or some meat if you like and you will have a perfect meal full of nutrition.
I read it somewhere that broccoli affects the thyroid gland/enlarges the glands. If you have any issue with this then it's better to skip it and eat other greens. Also, eating broccoli on daily basis can increase the risk of getting cancer and other sickness as it's an artificial vegetable.
You can try other greens in this way also. Or intake broccoli occasionally like me.
Have a good day, everyone.