What's up Bees?
Finally, I have been able to come up with something to spice up this community.
When I subscribed to this community, I was a little sad and worried because I had discarded all my childhood toys and the rules of the community were to share your toys, your personal toy, anything you play with.
Being a girl, my favorite toy has always been a teddy bear. I can't do without one, it's been my favorite since childhood. I even had it as my keyholder back then in school. I used to use every small change and money given to me by my parents, uncles, and aunties to buy a teddy bear.
I had a lot of them but I gave them out after we moved out of our old house. I knew I just had to discard my old toys.
So after seeing this community #toysonhive, I was a little sad because I had no toys with me anymore, but I did promise to start buying myself some toys again so that I can be participating and sharing them here. But then a thought came into my mind, why buy toys when you can actually make them yourself? Yes I am a little skillful with crafting, knitting, beading, and sewing, etc. So I decided I was going to make myself a teddy bear which happens to be my favorite and then share it with you guys.
Now here I am with my favorite toy made by me. I am not just sharing my toys here on hive but I am also using this medium to teach you how to make them all by yourself.
I will show you all the steps and processes and then if you want to, you can also try it out at home
Steps And Processes
- Roll out the wool and wrap it in any container of your choice.
Wrap it till it reaches a certain amount you want.
- Unwrap the wool from the container and tie it up at the center.
- After unwrapping and tiring it at the middle, you cut out the open edges leaving the rope tied at that middle.
- Then you start trimming out the rough edges and make it level, trim out the longer ones and level it.
- These are the result of the trimming
- Repeat the process until all the parts of the teddy bear is gotten and well-trimmed
- This is where we start sewing. Joining the parts together. We start with the upper side of the body.
- We go ahead to attach its ears to the body and then sew them.
- Continue till you attach and sew the ears, hands, legs, and tail.
- After attaching all those parts, you trim it well and make it fine and smooth
- You fix the eyes and nose using black beads. You can use other black substances to improvise but I used beads because that was what was available.
And that is it; boom! The final result of my homemade teddy bear
Weren't that steps just easy and simple to follow? Trust me it is and you can give it a try.
I hope you like my work today. Share with me what you think about this. Can I do more toys and share them with you guys?
By the way, don't forget to;
Say Hi to @zanoz