Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buttercup is almost ready for a road trip. Since we've been back, Jamie's done heaps to her - more than I could probably list in this post!!! Pity we can't cross any borders --- soooo gutted!! But there are worst things, and there's plenty of places we can explore in Victoria (sob).
She's definitely driving better since we bought four new tyres for her (we have to save up for the spare tyre) - they are all terrain Falken tyres. If you're interested, there are more details on Instagram - find us here.
Here's Jamie adding to the list. Lots of little things like vent seals (ordered), gearbox mounts (ordered), anti burst locks, fixing the passenger door so I don't get a cold breeze from the road and so on! At least it's not 'pull the whole thing apart and fix the rust' - she's looking fiiiinnne after nearly two years work. @mrprofessor, I'm sure you'll agree!
Jamie also made a winch plate out of the sheet metal you see below. Clever socks. Beats me how he learns how to do these things.
We also got a roamer drive to find those extra gears - between that and the new tyres, it's running SO smooth.
Some other things we've done this week:
- New door seals
- Fixed passenger side door
- Combined two rear locks to make one that keeps the back door shut
- Made an overhead cupboard (installing tomorrow)
- Covered exposed wires in the engine bay with split conduit
- Made plates for the wires to feed through to the engine so they're mouse proof
- Installed the spare battery set up (more later) for the fridge
- Did up loose bolts (oops)
Today I'm sorting out some interior stuff - that's kinda my job. I'll post about the interior later in the week...
Follow us on Instagram to see more updates!
Are you on HIVE yet? Earn for writing! Referral link for FREE account here
PeakD - The Best Way to Experience The Hive Blockchain