Hello all, it's @justinparke here! Welcome to the same ole' Plant Based Challenge, but in our new community! Not much has changed at all, except if you'd like to earn LOTUS for your posts, you'll now need to use the tag #lotus instead of #naturalmedicine.
First of all, a few changes - the challenge post and the wrap up will be in the ONE post this time. We also have a nice few delegations coming in, so our upvote is starting to grow. If you'd like to support #vegan #plantbased content in this community, us plant powered folk would all appreciate it!
The latest Plant-Based Weekly Cooking Challenge features a new set of ingredients for the week ahead's challenge!
Plant-Based Cooking Challenge
🥦🌽🍉 WEEK #29 🍈🍅🥜
Last week there were only 4 entries, and since only 3 of the 4 posts were in English, selecting the winners was a relatively easy task. Luckily the low turnout didn't stop our participants from sharing some truly delicious creations though. I've selected the winners and have provided you wall with a new set of ingredients/things to play with. So let's dive in!
Plant Power Cooking ChallengeHIVE rewards sponsored by @plantstoplanks
Week #28 Winner(s)
These glutinous rice snacks from a very talented Indonesian chef are absolutely incredible. Inside you'll git a gooey palm sugar center, and the the outside is covered in coconut. Not only that, there is a copious amount of pandan leaves to give these a beautiful color and delicious flavor. Don't pass up this kelepon cake recipe, go get a bite while you still can.
Congratulations @aswita! You are the winner of 6 HIVE.
2nd & 3rd Prize Winners
Legendary chef @carolynstahl provided us with some very interesting spring rolls. She started from scratch, even making her own whole wheat spring roll wrappers, and these little details make a recipe truly special. She coated these beauties with coconut before deep-frying them, and the sauce she served them with looks very tasty too, but I'm not sure what it is.
Back to sticky rice for our 3rd prize winner @pranandaputra, who shared some snacks with a very similar ingredient list as our first prize winner, but the preparation is very different. This sticky rice snack places a sweetened coconut mix on top of the rice, which is wrapped in banana leaves. They look very tempting, and I could almost smell the coconut while reading the post.
Week #29 Ingredients/Styles:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Plant Power (Vegan) Community and use any other tag(s) such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodie, as your secondary tags.
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #lotus tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
1st prize is 6 HIVE 2nd prize is 3 HIVE 3rd prize 1 HIVE
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get reblogged, tweeted, and even tipped!
How to Be Curated by PLANT POWER
Use the tags #lotus #vegan #plantbased
Post in the Plant Power Community
Ensure your recipes are plant based - although we don't preach any diets, this curation would like to focus on plants rather than dairy or meat additions to recipes.
Use clear, well focussed photographs - and ORIGINAL content!