New chicken coop

in #homesteadinglast month

Due to the move to our new homestead and the increase in the chicken population, I had to urgently build a new chicken coop (already 3rd).

Before that, there were temporary coops for no more than 5 chickens. Literally a couple of months before the move, 10 chickens hatched from eggs, which have already turned in adult chickens, at least in size

So, I started building. The materials, as usual, is trash. I didn't spend a dime on building a chicken coop

1.jpg

Floor from old doors

2.jpg

Walls and roof are from old plywood

3.jpg

One more old door

4.jpg

Some pallet boards, roofing felt and old paint

5.jpg

and voila

6.jpg

Inside coop I made a rack with nests

7.jpg

9.jpg

and safely settled chickens in it.

I hope hens were satisfied. No, I'm sure they are satisfied, as am I :)