eSteem offers its users a feature that allows them to convert ESTM points into upvotes.
This feature is called Boost.
Reading the comments on my latest eSteem post, I noticed that more than a few users have had or still have difficulty converting ESTM points to upvotes.
For this reason I decided to write this small and practical tutorial.
eSteem Surfer - Desktop Version
Let's see together all the steps to convert ESTM points to upvote:
1. After logging in, click on your profile picture
2. Click on "Profile"
3. Choose the post on which you want to receive the boost and click on the word "boost"
4. To perform the Boost you need to enter your "Active Key"
5. Click on the profile picture
6. Click on "**LoginAs **"
7. Enter your username and your "Active Key" and then click on Login
8. Choose the number of eSteem points you want to convert to upvote and finally press the Submit button.
9. Now if you click on the gift symbol (eSteem Points)
9. You will see the total points that you have decided to convert
10. Now you just have to wait to receive the vote by eSteem.
11. Return to step 7, click on login As and enter your username and your Posting Key. This step is necessary otherwise some subsequent actions such as simple voting may give you an error (my experience with the desktop version).
eSteem Surfer - Mobile Version
Preliminary step: Before starting the Boost procedure you must log in with your Active Key otherwise the points conversion will not be performed.
Once the conversion is requested, do Log out and then Log in with your username and posting key.
1. Click on the 3 dots symbol vertically on the right of the title of the post on which you want to "Boost".
2. A drop-down menu will open. Click on the word "Boost".
3. Choose the number of ESTM you want to convert.
4. Click on Next.
5. In the next screen you just have to press Confirm.
Why haven't I received the upgrade and ESTM points have been credited back to me?
Here are a number of reasons why the Boost procedure may not be successful:
1. You have not used the eSteem editor to write your post.
2. Your post does not meet the quality criteria of eSteem.
3. You have already received a vote by eSteem.
4. You are using mobile eSteem and you have not entered the Active Key before requesting the Boost.