Hello everyone! @sherylneil here, testing the hive
I'm always excited and honored to be part of this wonderful community. It was fun and challenging journey, but it is indeed a "Power to the people". I am really hopeful and happy to be with you all again, My friends.
To start with, let me share my DIY homemade vegetable pizza. I basically put everything available in my fridge. No right, no wrong. It's deliciously homemade.
Yields: 2 large, 14 inch pizza
Ingredients for the dough
- All purpose flour (4 cups)
- Instant yeast (1 packet)
- Sugar (1 tspn)
- Salt (2 tsp)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp + 2 tbsp for coating)
- Water (1 ½ cups, 110 degrees)
For the Toppings, you can put anything you like and as much as you like. I had mushrooms, capsicum, onion, pineapple, tomato paste and topped with coriander leaves, dried basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven for 425 degrees Fahrenheit
Combined All purpose flour, sugar, yeast and salt. You can knead it by hand or use a stand mixer. Knead gently by Adding a little water and olive oil at a time until you come up with a firm ball. Add a little water at a time if it’s too dry.
- Grease a large bowl and transfer the dough, cover and let it rest in a warm area until it doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Once rested, transfer the dough on a well floured surface, knead once to deflate the air and cut it into two equal size. Cover each in a plastic wrap and let rest for another 10 minutes.
- Form a circle, about 14 inch in size
Put in your circle dough in a lightly floured pan and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a little olive oil in your circle dough for moisture, then add the pizza sauce, mozzarella, capsicum, onion, sliced pineapple, dried basil, coriander leaves and topped again with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake it for 13 - 15 minutes. Enjoy!
I substitute All purpose flour instead of Bread Flour. This result will give you a chewy crust while a bread flour will give you a crispy crunch.
What’s your favorite pizza?
Here is a picture of me and my boys
Enjoy our strong community and stay safe, Friends.