Picadillo or Ground meat from beef or pork is a flavorful dish that's easy to prepare. It's serve commonly with rice but it could also be a filling for tacos, croquettes and sandwiches.
This colorful dish has easy to find ingredients such as carrots, potatoes, raisins and capsicum.
Picadillo recipe varies from region to region.
- Ground beef, lean (500g)
- Red capsicum
- Carrots (medium size, diced)
- Potatoes (2, medium size)
- Frozen peas (¼ cup)
- Corn kernels (¼ cup) optional
- Raisins (¼ cup)
- Soy sauce (2tbsp)
- Saute Onion and garlic until the onion becomes soft and translucent
- Add in the ground beef and stir.
- Once the beef turn brown, add in potatoes, carrots and soy sauce,Then add capsicum lastly
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the frozen peas, corn kernel and raisins.
- Then simmer for few minutes
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Left over can be a filling for tacos or sandwiched them for your quick snack. Really tasty!
This delicious recipe is packed with nutrition. It's easy to make and economical. A staple food common in the Philippines and every families favorite, including mine :)
How do you cook your Picadillo, Ground meat or Giniling?
Let's Enjoy Good food!